[Ads-l] Talking heads

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Aug 29 17:01:10 UTC 2017

OED has 1968 for "talking head".

San Mateo CA _Times_ 8 Aug 1961 p 12 col 1
"Many broadcasters were willing to accept this new challenge and soon the radio lanes were filled with strange new sounds hosted  by fast-talking heads who were threatened with unemployment if they allowed so much as one second of dead air."

_Los Angeles Times_ 5 Jun 1964 sec IV p 18 col 1 [interview with David Brinkley]
""Washington is the toughest assignment to cover, because there is so little physical action," he explains. "We should be able to cover Congress, but since we can't, we have to try other things.  It's easy to come up with just 'talking heads' on the TV screen." "