[Ads-l] Drama Critic Motto: Leave no turn unstoned

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 3 22:03:08 UTC 2017

I have a vague memory from the '40's of "no tern unstoned" as the punchline
of a joke having to do with stoning seabirds, which I heard in the wild,
and an equally-vague memory of "no stern untoned" as the punchline of a
joke having to do with women sunbathing, which I read somewhere: Playboy,
Saturday Evening Post, Coronet, Reader's Digest, Collier's, Look aut sim. I
also have an even vaguer memory of a pun based on "throwing stones" and
"glass houses."

[Oddly, my spellcheck has a problem with _unstoned_ but not with _untoned_.]

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain