[Ads-l] "So much good in the worst of us" Quote

Mon Dec 4 19:14:26 UTC 2017

Here is an interesting citation containing a claim by Hoch. Double
check text and metadata.

Date: January 26, 1905
Newspaper: The Evening Times (Bay City Times)
Newspaper Location: Bay City, Michigan
Article: Prayer Was Stolen
Quote Page  4
Database: GenealogyBank

[Begin excerpt]
"Does a stolen prayer reach the clestial
throne?" asked Governor Hoch. Then
he continued"

"According to the newspapers
Chaplain Couden, of the lower house
of congress, in his opening prayer
said: "There is so much bad in the
best of us and so much good in the
worst of us that it hardly behooves
any of us to talk about the rest of us."

"Now, the fact is, that the chaplain
stole that out of my Marion Record,
or out of some paper that stole it out
of the Record. More than a year ago