[Ads-l] (reposted with typos corrected) Re: jitney--etymology and antedating

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 10 07:36:28 UTC 2017

A propos of nothing in particular, Mississippi's Jitney Jungle chain of
grocery stores, founded in 1912, went out of business in 2000. The company
had branches in St. Louis.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain