[Ads-l] _greedy-gut_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 13 04:19:45 UTC 2017

Lost word (and food) enthusiast John L. Idol, Jr is partial to “belly
timber”
and other weird and obsolete food terms for the holiday season, such as
“...
greedygut ..."

"Greedy-gut" may be regionally-peculiar to East Texas, but it's hardly
"obsolete." Indeed, according to DARE, it's found as far east as Virginia,
as far pseudo-north as Missouri - taken there from Texas by my family, no
doubt - and as far west as Oregon.

--
-Wilson
-----