[Ads-l] RES: Quotations of the Year List Links

David Daniel dad at COARSECOURSES.COM
Fri Dec 15 20:30:59 UTC 2017

This has to be quote of the year. All else pales.
DAD

Poster:       Ben Zimmer <bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Quotations of the Year List Links
---

Here's one memorable 2017 quote that occurred to me too late to send to Fred
for his roundup:

"Nevertheless, she persisted." -- Sen. Mitch McConnell, regarding Sen.
Elizabeth Warren, Feb. 7, 2017

McConnell unwittingly spawned a feminist meme:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevertheless,_she_persisted

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:10 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole <
adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great radio segment, Fred. The link below will be somewhat stable, I
> think. Also, the segment can be found by searching for the title if
> the link breaks.
>
> Title: Deathless Prose Added To Our Collective Memories In 2017
> Timestamp: December 12, 2017 4:33 PM ET
> Show: All Things Considered
>
> https://www.npr.org/2017/12/12/570248588/deathless-prose-
> added-to-our-collective-memories-in-2017
>
> Garson
>
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 5:27 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu>
> wrote:
> > Here's my Quotations of the Year list for 2017:
> >

> > http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/alternative-facts-
> remark-tops-2017-list-notable-quotes-51732093
> >

> > Here's the audio for the 4-minute segment about me on National
> > Public
> Radio "All Things Considered" today.  It's the eighth item down the
> list and you can click on "Listen" if you are interested.
> >

> > https://www.npr.org/programs/all-things-considered/<https:/
> /urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.npr.org_
> programs_all-2Dthings-2Dconsidered_&d=DwMFAw&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&
> r=
> 8rmCZ516z93zQpPv_gokDvH8TkepTQKA3thJBGGrUjI&m=Al8JSCRFmCTCO4etUrOFS8-
> zOkxGs0QKS90YU4OFJQ8&s=b4eCCq-uTDTDIGHUzTuaDzxJoQYwvMrxfx5nYnw4wQQ&e=>

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.