[Ads-l] stumbling stone

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Fri Dec 15 21:07:52 UTC 2017

Not just Catholicism.  The Protestant church I was raised in taught the same thing - that Jesus as revealed in the NT was the fulfillment of the OT.

But my general point still stands -- If a Kentucky farmer makes a reference to a "stumbling stone", to the extent that his religious upbringing influenced his choice of words, it was far more likely to be from the NT references to a "stumbling block" than to the (single?) OT reference.   I was told often as a youth to be pure in thought, word and deed, lest my malfeasances influence another to stray, and I become a stumbling block on his soul's path to heaven.