[Ads-l] Loving Humanity and Hating People

Fri Dec 22 08:49:47 UTC 2017

The Twain attributed quotation is popular and several researchers have
explored it. I just found an 1822 match in French which antedates the
1847 citation given in the top references. I will post it when I get a
chance unless someone finds an earlier citation.

Garson