[Ads-l] quote of the year candidate

Fri Dec 22 19:23:39 UTC 2017

Year: GB 1961
Periodical: American Capsule News
Issue 301; Issue 450
Database: Google Books snippet; must be verified with hardcopy
(Search probe with "1961" shows a header indicating that the volume
contaisn 1961 issues)

[Begin near-raw OCR text]
The farce of Eisenhower being President prompted a well-known wagster
to coin this wisecrack, which has all the truth and no poetry in it:

"George Washington couldn't tell a lie; Franklin Roosevelt couldn't
tell the truth; and Ike Eisenhower couldn't tell the difference."

Mr. Nixon could have been President had he not lacked the intestinal
fortitude of a common ant. When it was found the "Democrats" had
stolen 200,000 votes in Chicago alone, the Illinois electoral votes
(27) tried to fall into ...
[End near-raw OCR text]

Garson