[Ads-l] Take a knee

Peter Reitan pjreitan at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 23 00:41:01 UTC 2017

"Take a knee" was standard coach-speak when I was sitting on the bench near the real athletes in the mid-70s.

________________________________
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf of David Daniel <dad at COARSECOURSES.COM>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 3:45:22 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Take a knee

Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Poster:       David Daniel <dad at COARSECOURSES.COM>

I would like to know why NFL players are "taking a knee" all over the media=

instead of "kneeling." I mean, "take is knee" is like: Guy walks into a
prosthetics shop. The salesman comes over and says, "Welcome, take a seat."=

Guy says, "Already got one, thanks, but I'll take a knee."
DAD

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antiv=C3=ADrus.