[Ads-l] Joan of Arc Quote

Margaret Winters mewinters at WAYNE.EDU
Fri Dec 29 17:08:32 UTC 2017

I tried to find a dating for the quote, without success, but came across both this site for a teeshirt with it on and other sites where a tattoo design was offered...

Just for general wonderment, I'll pass this on.

Happy New Year to all,
Margaret

As Joan of Arc<http://www.maidofheaven.com/> was leaving Vaucouleurs to begin her mission to save France she was asked by a women: "How can you make such a journey when on all sides are soldiers?" to which Joan responded: "I do not fear the soldiers, for my road is made open to me; and if the soldiers come, I have God, my Lord, who will know how to clear the route that leads to messire the Dauphin. It was for this that I was born!" The original in French is: "Je n'ai pas peur des soldats, car ma route m' a été ouverte, et si les soldats viennent, j'ai Dieu, mon Seigneur, qui saura comment libérer la route qui mène à Sieur le Dauphin. C'est pour cela que je fus nais." (http://www.maidofheaven.com/joanofarc_quote_I_am_not_afraid.asp)
[http://www.maidofheaven.com/maid_assets/extras/joanofarctshirt.jpg]<http://www.maidofheaven.com/joanofarc_quote_I_am_not_afraid.asp>

Joan of Arc - Maid of Heaven - Joan's Quote I Am Not ...<http://www.maidofheaven.com/joanofarc_quote_I_am_not_afraid.asp>
www.maidofheaven.com
Joan of Arc - You have heard Her Name, Do you really know Her Story? Discusses Joan of Arc's famous quote I am not afraid I was born to do this and the proper ...

MARGARET E WINTERS
Former Provost
Professor Emerita - French and Linguistics
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI  48202

mewinters at wayne.edu