[Ads-l] dog whistle # 2

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 31 01:53:33 UTC 2017

Surely not just alerting to action and WRT racism! I don’t really know anything about this topic, but I would think this could be used to earn support, alert activists to action and foment solidarity. And that it can be used WRT racism, homophobia, misogyny or many other issues. And surely it can be used in a conservative setting for liberals, such as talking about “gun safety” to mean “gun restrictions” or “government non-interference” to mean “allow abortion.”

This seems to be something that belongs on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_rhetorical_terms <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_rhetorical_terms>, not a term to refer only to terms for conservative appeal.

Are there no such examples?

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA