[Ads-l] nounified adjectives revisited

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Fri Feb 3 17:40:03 UTC 2017

re: use of "crazy" as a noun

Lois McMaster Bujold _The Vor Game_ (copyright 1990) chapter 14
<quote>
     Tung took a breath.  "Auson, you can be a real shithead sometimes, but dammit, you can fight when you have to.  I've seen you.  In the tight and the bad and the crazy, I'll take you at my back before any other captain in the fleet."
     One side of Auson's mouth curled up.  "Now, <i>that's</I> sincere.  Thank you so much.  I really appreciate your concern for my safety.  How tight and bad and crazy do you think this is going to get?"
     Tung, Miles decided, had a most unsavory chuckle.
</quote>

This reminds me of the title of the 1966 film "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"

- Jim Landau