[Ads-l] Power lecture

Joe Salmons jsalmons at WISC.EDU
Wed Feb 8 19:10:44 UTC 2017

I  learned it in the 1990s at some point, maybe late 1990s, after coming in the early 1990s, so it could easily be later.

On Feb 8, 2017, at 1:09 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU<mailto:laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>> wrote:

On Feb 8, 2017, at 2:03 PM, Joe Salmons <jsalmons at WISC.EDU<mailto:jsalmons at WISC.EDU>> wrote:

Good point, Wilson. Maybe not in Wisconsin … ‘lecture’ is a designation used for a 3-hour per week class that’s not a seminar, etc. So, this might be motivated by an effort to distinguish.

Hmmm.  I don’t remember that, but maybe it’s a more recent nomenclature?  Or maybe my memory has elapsed?

—LH (UW-Madison 1977-80)