[Ads-l] ballard

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 14 02:52:25 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 8:32 AM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> ballard

Was the commentator a colored fellow, perchance? "Ballard" is the
"standard," hyper-corrected form of _ballad_ used by boojies. I once made
the gross, social error of calling this mistake to the attention of a
couple of friends. I learned that you really don’t want to go aroun
correckin peopuh lang-lish, lessen dey akses you yo opinion.

Unless you’re white, of course. Otherwise, I’d have lived my entire life
under the mispreapprehension that _aloose_, like _around_, was standard
English.

Youneverknow.
--
-Wilson