[Ads-l] Quote Investigator Makes the News (also upcoming NPR appearance)

Tue Feb 14 20:21:40 UTC 2017

Thanks for your complimentary words, Fred, and thanks to others who
contacted me off list. The story about the Lincoln misquotation was
covered in: The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Gizmodo, Idaho
Statesman, Vox, New York Magazine, and the Washington Post. Most of
these news outlets mentioned the Quote Investigator and linked to the
website.

Jake Tapper of CNN mentioned the story in a tweet that linked to the
QI website. His message has accumulated more than 15,000 likes.

List member Christopher Philippo sent me some valuable precursors of
the quotation which led me to immediately update the entry. The update
did not change the central conclusion of the article, but it provided
further information about the evolution of the expression.

Changing a webpage that many people are referencing should be done
with care, I think. I decided to state at the top of the webpage that
it had been updated and to include a link to the previous version of
the webpage in the Wayback Machine database.

The publicist at my publisher, Amazon, told me that my appearance on
NPR's All Things Considered has been confirmed. The interview will be
taped at the end of March and broadcast in early April after the book
has been launched.

Several of you have extensive experience with radio and podcasts. If
you have any tips to offer I would love to hear them on-list or
off-list.

Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement that began
with my early days on this mailing list.
Garson O'Toole