[Ads-l] From Ηψπατία Λίβ =?UTF-8?Q?=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=81=CF=88_?=to Hawthorne's luau???

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 20 15:54:16 UTC 2017

Thanks, Joel. I can see that as an OCR error that the editor missed,
especially if they were counting on a spellchecker as a spotter: three
vertical strokes, an "a", and two more. The other errors I noticed were
also plausible as such, e.g., *ill *for* in: *

 To interest these military gentlemen, there were bulletins of the war
between Prussia and Austria; between England and France, on the old
battle-plains of Flanders; and between the same antagonists, *ill* the
newer fields of the East Indies, and in our own trackless woods, where
white men never trod until they came to fight there.

Mark