[Ads-l] Request: Disputed Bertrand Russell quotation - New York Post 1964 & Objectivist Newsletter

Mon Feb 27 08:47:06 UTC 2017

Way back in February 2016 I asked mailing list members for help with a
quotation ascribed to Bertrand Russell. At last, I was able to access
scans of the "New York Post" containing an instance of the quotation.

[ref] 1964 June 23, New York Post, Section: Post Daily Magazine, The
Lyons Den by Leonard Lyons, Quote Page 27 (Magazine Page 3), Column 3,
New York. (Old Fulton)[/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
Incidentally, I once asked Russell if he was willing to die for his
beliefs. "Of course not," he replied. "After all, I may be wrong . .
."
[End excerpt]

The Quote Investigator website now has an updated entry:

I Would Never Die for My Beliefs Because I Might Be Wrong
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2016/03/07/never-die/

Feedback welcome
Garson