[Ads-l] sled-riding [was: assorted]

paul johnson paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Tue Feb 28 22:16:12 UTC 2017

pretty sure that was called 'bellyflopping', back in the '40's in Chicago

On 2/28/2017 1:57 PM, Joel Berson wrote:
> One of the ways I used to sled.  Depends on the hardness of the snow whether one throws oneself down with the sled while moving forward (bent at the waist), or places oneself and the sled on the ground and pushes with the feet.  Also depends on the courage and the bone density of the sledder.
>
> Joel

In every government, though terrors reign, Though tyrant kings or tyrant
laws restrain, How small, of all that human hearts endure, That part
which laws or kings can cause or cure. Still to ourselves in every place
consigned, Our own felicity we make or find: With secret course, which
no loud storms annoy, Glides the smooth current of domestic joy. The
lifted axe, the agonising wheel, Luke's iron crown and Damien's bed of
steel, to men remote from power but rarely known, Leave reason, faith,
and conscience all our own. Samuel Johnson