[Ads-l] Quote: To that quarter of an hour I owe every thing in life

Wed Mar 1 04:39:36 UTC 2017

Way back in December 2011 a quotation attributed to the British naval
hero Horatio Nelson was discussed on this list. Now I've posted an
entry on the Quote Investigator website:

I Owe All My Success in Life to Having Been Always a Quarter of an
Hour Before My Time
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/02/28/quarter/

[Begin acknowledgement]
Great thanks to Joel S. Berson whose inquiry led QI to formulate this
question and perform this exploration. Thanks also to discussant Dan
Goncharoff. In addition, thanks to Nigel Rees and Fred R. Shapiro for
previous research.
[End acknowledgement]

Feedback welcome,
Garson