[Ads-l] Another early "fact" = 'idea; proposition.'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 12 19:16:25 UTC 2017

1968 Bill Finger et al. _The Green Slime_ (film) [No Pun Intended]: We're
banking on the fact that Dr. Halvorsen's theory is correct.

Halvorsen's *theory* is that the slime creatures feed on pure energy, which
allows them to multiply like crazy. Something just described by the speaker
as a dubious Theory is _ipso facto_ [No Pun Intended] not a Fact.

JL