[Ads-l] Query: Slang "insect promenade"

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Sat Jan 21 21:06:12 UTC 2017

Gerald's suggestion could operate as an overall sub-text , but still leave the
specific sense of "insect promenade" as "bed" intact.

While the buzz/thief/steal link goes back to Charles Hitchin in _The Regulator_
in 1718, and is confirmed by Vaux a hundred years later, it's not the commonest
of terms for this person/activity at any time.

Cakes.  Having.  Eating.

Anyone got any ideas for, "But I fired him out of the Rory quick" in stanza 3?
 I floated this up-thread, but no one bit, and I still can't quite get my head
around it.

Robin