[Ads-l] fiftyburger

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jan 23 18:03:23 UTC 2017

Interesting.  I associated Helen Gurley Brown with her self-description as a “mouseburger”, but apparently she used (coined or popularized?) “nothingburger” as well; wonder if one of the terms grew out of the other, or if they’re referentially distinct—can one be a mouseburger without being a nothingburger or vice versa?  Of course either of these *could* also be literal—either a very unappealing menu option or a very unfilling one (especially for those on an Atkins diet).

LH