[Ads-l] Quote: Life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease

Mon Jan 30 18:23:38 UTC 2017

JL wrote:
> Great find, Fred and Garson.
>
> I wonder if I read my version in Reisner's _Graffiti: Two Thousand Years of
> Wall Writing_ (1971).
>
> But maybe I saw it in situ (i.e., in muro).

"Life is a hereditary disease" is listed on page 156 of "Graffiti: Two
Thousand Years of Wall Writing (1971) by Robert Reisner. I did not
find "Life is a terminal disease" in that book, but the OCR is
imperfect.

The QI article contains a 1968 citation from "Time" magazine for "Life
is a hereditary disease". The "Time" article was actually about
Reisner's class at the New School for Social Research in New York, and
the graffiti that the students were collecting.

Garson