[Ads-l] Niels Bohr Quote

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 28 18:32:05 UTC 2017

Stefan Rozental, _Niels Bohr: His Life and Work as Seen by His Friends and
Colleagues_, 1967, p. 139
https://books.google.com/books?id=VP1QAAAAMAAJ
The idea of complementarity was the subject of many discussions. I remember
one occasion when someone said at the end that it made him quite giddy to
think about those questions; Bohr immediately replied: "But if anybody says
he can think about quantum problems without getting giddy, that only shows
he has not understood the first thing about them."

The "giddy" version also appears in:
Ruth Moore, _Niels Bohr_, MIT Press, 1985, p. 127
cited by: _Gaither's Dictionary of Scientific Quotations_
https://books.google.com/books?id=IOFmZoesMNoC&pg=PA1208