[Ads-l] Heard on F.B.I. Files: "Schuylkill [skool.kill] County, in a mountainous region...

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 2 14:20:16 UTC 2017

I humbly apologize and beg your magnanimous pardon. Disputes on "correct"
pronunciation are, of course, all too common in common discourse, but
we'uns 'round this lis' know better'n that, an' I know full well, Wilson,
that that includes your honorable self.

[maːk] in Boston, [mɑɹk] for myself

On May 31, 2017 10:08 PM, "Wilson Gray" <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 9:06 PM, Mark Mandel <thnidu at gmail.com> wrote:

> But why *should* they feel shame?

I did but jest. Was that not clear from the asininity of the comment?
Surely, you didn't think, "Wilson is a total putz!" I hope. 🤡
--
-Wilson
-----