[Ads-l] Popular faux etymology of current use of "snowflake"

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 3 17:12:48 UTC 2017

Although I don’t know how this meme is viewed from the right, from the left, this term has been largely reclaimed:

1. #Snowflake
from The Anti-TRUMP Storefront
https://teespring.com/Im-a-snowflake#pid=369&cid=6513&sid=back <https://teespring.com/Im-a-snowflake#pid=369&cid=6513&sid=back>

2. "Hell Yeah, I’m a Snowflake.”
Jeff Sharon
http://www.hypeorlando.com/millennial-mile/2017/01/23/hell-yeah-im-a-snowflake/ <http://www.hypeorlando.com/millennial-mile/2017/01/23/hell-yeah-im-a-snowflake/>

—
It’s time to embrace them in the face of tyranny. By 2020, I’d like to see blue hats, shirts, and bumper stickers all over the country sporting snowflakes with greater frequency than those red trucker caps

[graphic] BRACE YOURSELVES / WINTER IS COMING
—

3. Posts from March where it’s still derogatory
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-13/wheres-safe-space-inside-most-censorious-college-campuses <http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-13/wheres-safe-space-inside-most-censorious-college-campuses>

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA