[Ads-l] _on the bone_ "ithyphallic"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 18 16:27:15 UTC 2017

Now in the UD, since 2006, in fact:
Urban Dictionary: on the bone
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=on%20the%20bone
Having an erect penis; having a boner; having a hard on [sic]; being on
hard.

I first heard this in 1947. In fact, that's the *only* time that I've ever
heard it. But I found it quite catchy. Among black men of my generation,
_on hard_ is the ordinary use. I first heard _boner_ in the relevant sense
at UC Davis in 1969, and both _to bone_ and _bone-room_ in the 1988 movie,
School Daze.

--
-Wilson
-----