[Ads-l] meaner

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 23 04:17:50 UTC 2017

Arnold Zwicky and I have both written about uncertainty around particular
"-er" and "-est" forms -- sometimes they sound "wrong" to people for
unspecified reasons, inducing linguistic anxiety.

Two Language Log posts from me (in 2006):
http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003271.html
http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003794.html

And two from Arnold (in 2009):
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=1920