[Ads-l] Former successor

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Mar 7 16:55:49 UTC 2017

I was wondering what sort of hits Google might display for “future ancestor”.  Turns out a lot of them are for a “Tennessee common ale of that name from a brewery in Memphis; I guess we’d have to taste it to know why the name is appropriate.  Others are for home decor and antique stores.  There were a few compositional ones involving reference to time travel, although I had to search under “future ancestor” + “time travel” to find them.  Luckily, doing so didn’t result in an obvious butterfly effect or hole in the space time continuum—my laptop didn’t blow up and Donald J. Trump is still president.  More subtle changes may have occurred, however, for which I either apologize or take a bow.

LH