[Ads-l] Facebookery: _townhome_ < "townhouse"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 18 10:48:06 UTC 2017

But "Town Home" sounds so much cozier: the heap o' livin' has already been
done for you!

It makes you want to rent or buy. Anyway, the psychology behind it suggests
that the coiner well recognized the difference between "house" and "home,"
and in good huckster fashion he or she was anxious to subvert it.

JL