[Ads-l] Famous Quotations from Comic Strips

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 19 23:58:21 UTC 2017

Li’l Abner: “Natcherly, as any fool kin plainly see.”

Billy the Kid*: “Hi-ho, Paint! Let’s git where we ain’t!”

*Billy the Kid was ... the inspiration for a goat character with his name,
who appeared in Fawcett's Funny Animals. . .

http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Billy_the_Kid

Billy’s nemesis was another goat, named “Kid Gloves,” who was a
professional gabler.

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Galen Buttitta <
satorarepotenetoperarotas3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> "I hate Mondays" and "We're bachelors, baby" from Garfield.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Mar 19, 2017, at 17:50, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU> wrote:
> >
> > For the second edition of the Yale Book of Quotations, I would welcome
> suggestions of famous quotes from comic strips.  These could be one-off
> quotes or could be recurring catchphrases (like "leapin' lizards" from
> Little Orphan Annie).  I believe I already have the more famous lines from
> Peanuts and Pogo.
> >
> > Fred Shapiro
> > <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-
> 3A__www.project-2Dwombat.org_&d=DwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=NvsW-
> OhBbzxE92nK31T2wnmV21_Bx7bPCKzIsk5T4FQ&m=WEaXGvNypF0kvSB3qw7ylnEVbySwXt
> DEeWoOxJqKq4k&s=Dbh1pFbCq_Z7v5d6MG1KimDeUY20FqHfGMUlZZU_LRM&e=>

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain