[Ads-l] Famous Quotations from Comic Strips

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Mon Mar 20 12:12:28 UTC 2017

"Ack!" --Bill the Cat, Bloom County

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of
Shapiro, Fred
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:50 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: [ADS-L] Famous Quotations from Comic Strips

For the second edition of the Yale Book of Quotations, I would welcome
suggestions of famous quotes from comic strips.  These could be one-off
quotes or could be recurring catchphrases (like "leapin' lizards" from
Little Orphan Annie).  I believe I already have the more famous lines from
Peanuts and Pogo.

Fred Shapiro
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.project-2Dwombat.or
g_&d=DwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=NvsW-OhBbzxE92nK31T2wnmV21_Bx7bPCKzIs
k5T4FQ&m=WEaXGvNypF0kvSB3qw7ylnEVbySwXtDEeWoOxJqKq4k&s=Dbh1pFbCq_Z7v5d6MG1Ki
mDeUY20FqHfGMUlZZU_LRM&e=>