[Ads-l] _pussy-good_ "very good, as good as one could possibly want, the best"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 21 18:09:50 UTC 2017

I figured it was "Jeer" for the past half century, but I recently decided
it must be "Jerry."

Not much is easily findable about Jere Peacock except that he was from
Spokane, served four years in the Marines in Korea and Japan in the '50s,
and died in 1979 at the age of 42.

He wrote his two published novels under the tutelage of Lowney C, Handy,
James Jones's writing coach.

Cf. Thomas Love Peacock (1785-1866), author of the still hilarious
Arthurian spoof, "The Misfortunes of Elfin" (1829).

JL