[Ads-l] triple-double (basketball)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Mar 21 21:03:27 UTC 2017

> On Mar 21, 2017, at 4:02 PM, MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) <william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL> wrote:
>
> I think, "officially", that a triple-double is double figures in any three of five scored categories:
> points, assists, rebounds, blocks, or steals.

Still, the points/rebounds/assists triple double is privileged.  While the other (non-jocular) categories do count in reporting a particular player’s achievements in a particular game, the triple double averaged by The Big O for a season, a feat Westbrook is trying to match now, does/would not include any actual or hypothetical instances of games in which the player in question fell short in one of those three categories while reaching double figures in blocks or steals.

LH