[Ads-l] Famous Quotations from Comic Strips

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 24 07:03:29 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 1:01 PM, MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY
RDECOM AMRDEC (US) <william.d.mullins18.civ at mail.mil> wrote:

> "Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to
> leap tall buildings in a single bound. . .  Look! Up in the sky! It’s a
> bird. . .  It’s a plane . . . It’s Superman!"

This was also used in radio days, at least as far back as WWII, as was
"Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet."

Freddy Freeman: "Captain Marvel!", which transformed him into Captain
Marvel, Jr.

--
-Wilson
-----