[Ads-l] Minimal pair for English /t ͡ʃ/ vs. /tʃ/

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 29 01:45:30 UTC 2017

That works. Thanks.

But comparing, I note that the environments of the affricate in "catch it"
and "why choose" are somewhat different: word-final, closing the syllable
of a lax vowel, vs word-initial following a diphthong in an open syllable.
I can't tell offhand if this affects the /t͡ʃ/ significantly, though. Not
that either is better.

Mark, whose name contains no affricates. Or fricatives, for that matter.