[Ads-l] Quote: History is the unfolding of miscalculations. Barbara Tuchman

Mon May 1 08:12:03 UTC 2017

Back on March 1st I made a request to the list regarding the quotation
in the subject line. The Quote Investigator website now has an entry
on this topic. Mailing list discussants Donna Halper and John Baker
are acknowledged.

History Is the Unfolding of Miscalculations
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/05/01/unfolding/

"The Cynic's Lexicon" compiled by Jonathon Green appears to contain an
erroneous citation which is described in the QI article. Green has
edited a large number of references including the massive "Green’s
Dictionary of Slang", but I do not know if he has any public-facing
email address. If someone is willing and able to relay a message to
him please let me know off-list.

Garson