[Ads-l] no X left behind - snowclone - and the nonexistent poop fairy

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 5 00:52:18 UTC 2017

It looks like this snowclone hasn’t been discussed here. I don’t know if it originated with the “No Child Left Behind Act” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Child_Left_Behind_Act <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Child_Left_Behind_Act>), but that’s what I think of when I hear it.

The variation I see a lot is “no poop left behind”, as an admonition to dog walkers to pick up dog poop.

http://www.elizabethriver.org/sites/default/files/styles/news_flexslider/public/scoop-the-poop.png?itok=ZDb8bZND <http://www.elizabethriver.org/sites/default/files/styles/news_flexslider/public/scoop-the-poop.png?itok=ZDb8bZND>
http://southsidedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/poop.jpg <http://southsidedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/poop.jpg>

No poo left behind:
https://nopoopleftbehind.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/waronpoop2.png <https://nopoopleftbehind.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/waronpoop2.png>

In this scatological connection, I would also like to report the nonexistent poop fairy:

There is no poop fairy / pick up that poo!
http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.52330197.6299/sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u2.jpg <http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.52330197.6299/sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u2.jpg>
http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.52329210.6242/sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u2.jpg <http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.52329210.6242/sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u2.jpg>

There is no poop fairy / scoop your poop
http://www.greenvillesoilandwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/webbanner-1024x430.png <http://www.greenvillesoilandwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/webbanner-1024x430.png>

There is no poop fairy / please clean up after your dog
http://moira-company.com/images/poopfairy.jpg <http://moira-company.com/images/poopfairy.jpg>
http://www.mobileranger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/poopfairy.jpg <http://www.mobileranger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/poopfairy.jpg>

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA