[Ads-l] Request help Newsweek ProQuest for Frank Lloyd Wright quotation

Mon May 8 00:22:00 UTC 2017

Thanks for your help Wilson I encountered the New York Times (NYT)
citation during my research. So I checked the ProQuest NYT database
and there was no match for the quotation. The citation I found claimed
that the quotation was in New York Times Magazine on November 27,
1955. (That was a Sunday.) Either the citation is wrong or the
ProQuest database has defective scans. The citation is an "Ibid", and
I have found "Ibid" citations are error prone.

Here are the details

[ref] 1957, Best Quotes of '54 '55 '56, Compiled by James Beasley
Simpson, Section: Personalities, Quote Page 190, Thomas Y. Crowell
Company, New York. (Verified on paper)[/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
"Clear out eight hundred thousand people and preserve it as a museum piece."
Frank Lloyd Wright, a suggestion for disposal of Boston,
Massachusetts, during a lecture in Boston, The New York Times
Magazine, November 27, 1955.

"New York: Prison towers and modern posters for soap and whisky.
Pittsburgh: Abandon it."
Frank Lloyd Wright. Ibid.

"Automobiles: Ferryboats coming down the street gnashing their teeth."
Frank Lloyd Wright. Ibid.

"Centralization: If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but
the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright. Ibid.
[End except]

I may have to navigate to the New York Times Magazine issue and look
at the table of contents. But I wanted to look at the Newsweek
citation first.

Garson