[Ads-l] belligerent, n. = 'military adversary'

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 12 15:04:15 UTC 2017

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/belligerent

2 belligerent
noun bel·lig·er·ent
Legal Definition of belligerent

    : a belligerent nation, state, or person

https://www.ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?q=belligerent

bel·lig·er·ent (bə-lĭjər-ənt)* [Wow, I wonder what they were using for a
stress mark! Or rather, why they were using it.]*

adj.
n.
One that is hostile or aggressive, especially one that is engaged in war

Mark