[Ads-l] belligerent, n. = 'military adversary'

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Fri May 12 19:07:08 UTC 2017

You may be missing a nuance here: The enemy is seen as belligerent/aggressive/unethical/s.o.b's.  Our side,

by contrast, is seen as pacifiers/promoters of peace/nation builders.  I suppose that's what Lt. Gen. Stewart was thinking.

Gerald Cohen