[Ads-l] Is my memory truly the only source of this saying?!

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 17 04:26:15 UTC 2017

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 7:42 AM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The radio version of "I Married Joan"?

Yep. She ran Joanie's Tea Room. She always answered the telephone by
sing-songing

             Tea
                     Room!"
      nie's

"Joa-

Remember "Duffy's Tavern"?

"Hello, Duffy's Tavern, Where the Elite Meet to Eat. Archie the manager
speakin'. Duffy ain't here. Oh, hello, Duffy!"

I heard "Where the Elite Meet to Eat!" as "Where the leet meet deet" till I
finally - or should that be "finely"? - saw it written out.

--
-Wilson
-----