[Ads-l] Yankee Doodle; Sheela-na-gig, as a bonus

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 22 16:07:51 UTC 2017

Thanks, George. I found the 1768 "Yankey Doodle" cite a while back but was
too lazy to tell anybody about it. You have rectified my error, and serves
me right.

The early "Shellahnagig" is amazing.  Perhaps you've observed that the OED
def. is, shall we say, very discreet.

JL