[Ads-l] QOTY? "It was not my first sword dance." --- Rex Tillerson.

Peter Reitan pjreitan at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed May 24 15:07:05 UTC 2017

It was response to a comment comparing and contrasting Tillerson's smooth performance in an actual Saudi sword dance to Trump's less skillful performance.
________________________________
From: Shawnee Moon<mailto:moon.shawnee at GMAIL.COM>
Sent: ‎5/‎23/‎2017 23:23
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU<mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Subject: Re: QOTY? "It was not my first sword dance." --- Rex Tillerson.

Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Poster:       Shawnee Moon <moon.shawnee at GMAIL.COM>

Not at all meaning to be crude, but "sword dance" immediately made me think i=
t was a reference to gay men dancing, as I have heard "sword fight" used in r=
eference to gay male sexual shenanigans.=20

Certainly haven't heard that phrase before. Perhaps he was describing fancy f=
ootwork in fencing or sword fighting to avoid being struck...?

Mailed from the Moon =F0=9F=8C=9C