[Ads-l] cold - inactive, offline

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 29 19:28:35 UTC 2017

That part was not clear, thank you. The sort of cold storage such as used for lemons is a likely etymon for this cryptocurrency meaning, and it seems likely to be a coetymon along with “cold” as derived from the opposite of “hot” (electrically wired, connected to the internet).

I just sent out another e-mail about wallets that expands on this a little, but to your question, my e-mail was intended to be about “cold” not “cold storage”. I see that I failed to provide other examples, however.

In addition to “cold storage”, other collocations for the second meaning include cold computer, cold wallet, cold device, cold USB (one Google hit), and perhaps “cold card”.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA