[Ads-l] "Lunatics/inmates running the asylum"

Thu Nov 2 00:11:15 UTC 2017

This message contains a spoiler for an 1845 short story.

I explored the following quotation which appeared in the short story
“The System of Dr. Tarr and Prof. Fether” by Edgar Allan Poe published
in the November 1845 issue of “Graham’s Magazine”.

Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/06/23/half-see/

The above quotation is not directly relevant to this thread, but the
plot twist of the short story is pertinent. The tale was set in a
private hospital for the mentally ill: Poe revealed that the inmates
were running the asylum. Of course, modern horror movies employ this
twist.

Garson