[Ads-l] Nouning verbs again--the end game?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Nov 9 00:38:24 UTC 2017

Charmin slogan (from their commercials):

ENJOY THE GO!

I wasn’t sure I heard it right, so I Googled it up, and sure enough...

https://www.charmin.com/en-us/about-us/enjoythego

Life is full of little pleasures.

Watching the sunset. A hug from your kids. Walking barefoot in the sand.

And going to the bathroom.

Trouble is, you might not always take the time to enjoy these little moments as much as you should.

Especially when it comes to going to the bathroom.

At Charmin, we want you to enjoy going to the bathroom as much as we do.
The relief. The calm. The clean. The joy. The pride.

And we believe you can’t do that if you finish it all off with the wrong tissue.
Which is why we make a tissue that’s just right for everybody.

That's why Charmin users actually look forward to going to the bathroom; why they enjoy being in there; and why they aren't afraid to show it.

Fact is...

We all go to the bathroom.

Those who go with Charmin really enjoy the go.

So, not an SNL parody.  I suppose it could be worse (or better):

CHARMIN—IT’S THE SHIT!

(For commercials on cable only, of course.)

LH