[Ads-l] finding sympathy in the dictionary

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 29 23:39:39 UTC 2017

Thanks, George and Garson. I've added another update on my Strong Language
post noting your finds.

Garson's example from "The (Old) Farmer's Almanack" matches the one that I
found from 1880 in The Hub, as noted on in my post. But the correct date is
1857, not 1852 (the item appears in the almanac for the coming year, 1858).