[Ads-l] Origin of Kibosh

Thu Oct 12 17:02:25 UTC 2017

I remember posting in support of Stephen's fascinating whip hypothesis
back in 2010. Glad to see that Gerald, Stephen, and Matthew Little
have written a comprehensive analysis. Congratulations.

Concerning the whip made from hippo hide : corbage, korbadj, kurbash,
corbash, and kibosh
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2010-July/100544.html

Garson